Terms & Conditions
Travelmax.co.uk act as agent for the suppliers (eg. the accommodation providers, the airlines, the car hire companies, the tour operators) with whom you book. Consequently each supplier's terms and conditions will apply to your booking and copies are available upon request.
We sell two types of holiday, Tour operator Package Holidays and Dynamic packaged holidays.
Please note that in all cases the lead name on the reservation must be 18 years or over at the time of booking. The lead name will be in contract with the supplier and will be responsible for the information provided to the agent for all members of the party this includes the correct spelling of names, title, age, passport and visa information and ensuring that all party members travel with full valid travel insurance. All travel products featured on this website are subject to availability.
Tour operator Package holidays
The Tour operator package air holidays and flights shown on this site are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority, and we act as agents for licensed tour operators. The relevant ATOL number is displayed with each holiday shown. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom, Click on the ATOL logo if you want to know more., or visit www.caa.co.uk As travel and booking agents we act only as Agents for the Principals actually providing the relevant services and with whom your contract will be made. We shall not be liable for any act or default on the part of such Principal or its agents or servants. All holidays shown are subject to availability.
Dynamic packaged holiday - DYP
1. You are responsible for selecting each part of your DYP travel arrangements.
2. You agree we have not in any way selected, assembled or arranged your DYP travel arrangements for you, each element was chosen by you.
3. Your DYP travel arrangements are not a package and do not fall within the meaning of The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. You can find these on http://www.opsi.gov.uk. Your travel arrangements may not, therefore, be ATOL protected, this is usually due to the choice of airline, as no frills, and low cost carriers are non atol.
4. We are acting as booking agents only and do not contract as principal.
5. By proceeding with these DYP travel arrangements, you accept that you will be entering into a contract with each of the separate carriers, accommodation providers and other suppliers of services on their standard terms and conditions. Therefore you understand that where you have chosen more than one travel product component, you will be entering into multiple contracts, terms and conditions of the contracts you enter into are available to you at your request.
6. You understand that we have not conducted any quality or other checks on the individual components of your DYP travel arrangements. We have made no representations about the suitability of the transport, accommodation, products and services offered for sale through us and the inclusion or offering for sale of any accommodation, products or services by us does not constitute an express or implied endorsement or recommendation by us of such accommodation products or services.
7. We do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim liability for any inaccuracies relating to, the transport, accommodation, products and services offered for sale through travelmax.co.uk.
8. We undertake no responsibility for and are not liable for the misrepresentations, breaches of contract, breaches of statutory duty or negligence of any of the carriers, accommodation providers and other suppliers of services who sell their products and services through us. This means that in the event of you suffering personal injury, illness or death as a result of any act or omission of a carrier, accommodation provider or other supplier of services (or their employees) or you having any complaint about the quality of the services provided or having any other complaint at all, your sole right of redress will be against the independent third party who provided such service and that we will be under no liability at all (whether in contract, tort or otherwise howsoever).
Accommodation booked through us must only be used by those people named on your confirmation email/documentation (or on any amendment email/documentation issued) and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the supplier of the relevant accommodation component. You are not allowed to share the accommodation or let anyone else stay there. If you wish to book more than one room, we recommend each additional room be booked in a different name or the duplicate room may be cancelled by the hotel. You are responsible for the cost of any damage caused to your accommodation or its contents during your stay. These charges must be met by you and may have to be paid locally.
Accommodation ratings &abbreviations
Accommodation ratings and star ratings are the tour operators or suppliers own grading and may differ from the accommodations official rating.
From time to time abbreviations will be used on our websites. The meaning of some of these abbreviations can be found below.
FO - Flight Only
NO or RO - No Meals / Room Only
SC - Self Catering
HB - Half Board
FB - Full Board
FI or AI - All Inclusive
MP - Meal Plan
If we or any other person in authority is of the reasonable opinion that you or any member of your party is behaving in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger or upset to any other person or damage to property, we or the supplier concerned will be entitled to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. The person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation or other service and neither we nor the supplier concerned will have any further responsibility to them including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we nor the supplier concerned will pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
Cancellations & Amendments
Should you find it necessary to cancel or amend your holiday, please contact your travelmax.co.uk immediately, we will require written confirmation of the cancellation/amendment by the lead name on the booking by return. Cancellation/amendment charges will apply, these charges will increase the nearer to departure the cancellation/amendment is made and can be as high as 100%.So please act immediately if you need to cancel or amend. Initially call on 08715 600 777, we will still require written confirmation of your intentions. The scale of cancellation/amendment charges to be applied will be outlined in your supplier's booking conditions. Name change, and/or departure details such as date and time changes are not always allowed by airlines and other transport providers whenever they are made. Whilst we will do our best to change the details of the booking, please bear in mind that most suppliers such as airlines and other transport providers treat name and departure detail changes as a cancellation and charge accordingly. These charges will be passed on to you. Once tickets have been issued, and sometimes even before they have been issued, any changes made to the ticket, including names or initials, will result in you having to pay for the cancelled ticket and buy a new ticket at full cost. Changes to the original booking are also subject to a minimum £10 per person administration fee in addition to the suppliers charges.The charges will be confirmed to you on receipt of your written instruction to cancel or amend your holiday.Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim for some of the cancellation charges on your insurance.
If the Supplier Cancels/changes Your Booking
Your contract with your supplier may allow the supplier to cancel or change the booking. Where this occurs, we will ensure that you are promptly notified after we are made aware of the cancellation or change but accept no liability for the changes or costs incurred which may result.
Flight Timings and Holiday Amendments
All flight timings are provisional and subject to change. However you will be advised in advance of any major change as per your supplier's booking conditions. On occasions your supplier may find it necessary to alter your holiday, be it a change of accommodation, service or date. In the event of a change your supplier will have clear guidelines set out in their booking conditions.
Payment & Prices
All prices are subject to availability and final confirmation from the supplier. Further information on each supplier's pricing policy can be found in their booking conditions. We do not charge a fee for deposits or final balances when paid by Debit Cards. Deposits and final balances paid by Credit Cards are subject to a 2% handling fee, American express is 2.5% Payments made by cheque require 7 working days for clearance, and are therefore not suitable for booking a last minute holiday. All outstanding balances for your holiday are due to be paid to us at least 12 weeks before date of departure. In the event that the balance remains unpaid at the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and you and every member of your party are liable to pay an administration charge up to 15% of the overall holiday cost. You will not be entitled to any refund of any monies already paid.
If you wish to make a special request, you must do so at the time of booking. We will try to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier but we cannot guarantee that requests will be met. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed
If your booking involves a flight or component where assistance may be required you must notify us prior to the time of booking by calling our call centre on 08715 600 777 if any person included in the booking is not self reliant or is a person with reduced mobility and therefore requires assistance at the airport and/or on the flight or on any aspect of the holiday. You should also update your air carrier after the time of booking until 48 hours prior to the flights departure if any person travelling on the booking requires assistance .
Passports, Visas and Health Certificates
Passengers must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visa(s) and health certificates. In case of passengers being refused entry by any immigration or other Authority all repatriation costs are to be borne by the passenger.
Medical advice and inoculations
Please seek your doctors advice for specific information relating to your journey.
Where a passenger has to reconfirm a flight or return booking it is their responsibility for any inconvenience or loss caused by not doing this. We recommend it is always worthwhile re checking your flight or travel times, due to the unforeseeable.
Your tickets (where applicable) and any other documents relating to your booking, (unless electronic tickets and electronic vouchers, which will be emailed to the address you have supplied) will be sent to the postal address which you give us at the time of booking. These will be dispatched (where applicable) to you approximately 2 weeks prior to departure. For bookings made within 2 weeks of departure if it is necessary for us to make arrangements for you to collect your tickets from the departure airport, these bookings will incur a delivery charge which will be included in the cost of your holiday and is non-refundable. Please note that two airlines may share the same services, therefore a flight may not be operated by the airline whose designated code is shown on your itinerary and ticket.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CHECK ALL DETAILS OF YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. IF THERE ARE ANY INACCURACIES OR YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUERY PLEASES CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ON 08715600777.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your travel arrangements please bring the matter as soon as possible to the attention of the relevant person (for example, the transport provider representative, accommodation supplier representative, or hotel staff).You must attempt to bring the matter to their attention, so they can try to resolve it locally. If they cannot help you must contact us on 08715600777 and we will do everything reasonably possible to deal with the matter. If you are still not satisfied please write to our offices in the UK within 28 days of returning home .We cannot take responsibility for post not arriving at our office therefore recorded delivery is recommended.
The term travelmax.co.uk or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 11-12 Ballymena Business Centre, Galgorm ,Ballymena, Co.Antrim.
BT42 1FL, United Kingdom .
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without travelmax.co.uk's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Governing jurisdiction will be Northern Ireland.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by travelmax.co.uk and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of travelmax.co.uk. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, travelmax.co.uk takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Travelmax.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Travelmax.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7th April 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name ,contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information you provide
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, for example , we may record your favourite holiday destination.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, and supply special offers to you & customise our website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.